Friday, March 8, 2013

Introducing...Norm and Donna Bucholtz





We are Norm and Donna Bucholtz. Norm is, by default, the team lead and I, Donna, am his better half. In an effort to help you know a little about each of us, we will answer just a few questions about ourselves.

First - Norm!

1. What is your motivation for going to Guatemala?
My motivation for going to Guatemala has changed since we first started planning this trip.  Back in January of 2012, it was to lead a team of our youth to Guatemala.  Over time, we opened the door for anyone who was interested to go to Guatemala, not just youth.  My motivation changed from leading a youth missions trip to leading a team. Then, my motivation became to build a team spirit among our team.  In reality, I was not motivated to go to Guatemala as much as I wanted to help a team go to Guatemala.  

2. What do you hope to accomplish while you are there?
 Now it is my desire to be available to serve at Casa Bernabe in whatever capacity I am asked to serve.  I won't know until I get there how that might be.  

 
3. What else would you like to tell people about yourself?

As much as our team may be willing to serve, we will probably receive more than we can give. I hope to help direct our team in how they might serve, in the future, as a result of their experience in Guatemala, so my vision doesn't end when we return from Guatemala. I also hope our team members will learn to trust God for his provision.  We could not go to Guatemala without His help.  These last few weeks before our departure have been very exciting watching how God has provided.  He deserves all the glory!

Now Donna (me!)
1. What is your motivation for going to Guatemala?
Ever since Monona Oaks Community Church started sending short-term missions groups to Guatemala I have wanted to go. Up until now, I have not had peace that I should, but this time when the opportunity came up I had a very clear sense that it is now time for me to go. I'm thrilled by this, as I get to be part of the same team that my sister and her family (who you will meet later) are.


2. What do you hope to accomplish while you are there?
One thing that was recommended to us it to go without expectations, so I'm trying to be open to whatever possibilities come up. However - that being said - I am an inveterate planner, and a lot of details have come together in ways that lead me to believe that a big part of what I will be doing probably involves a sewing machine. We have had 3 donated to take with us, along with sewing supplies, fabric, batting, etc, so the possibilities just in terms of sewing are wide open to us.

3. What else would you like to tell people about yourself?
I would like to tell you that I love the Lord, I love life, and I'm really, really, really excited about going on this trip! Also, please keep our entire team in your prayers. We have organizing to do to be prepared to leave our jobs to go on this trip, we ask for good health for all of us through the duration of the trip, safe travel and for the final phase of fund-raising as we near our departure date. Thank-you!


No comments:

Post a Comment